Europe Cruises 2019 - 2020
Cruising Europe offers you a lot - history, architecture, art and culture. From medieval cities to sun-swept beaches, each moment on the European Cruise is more memorable than the next.
Europe is home to some of the world’s most iconic cruise destinations. Cruise to Europe for the opportunity gaze over Paris from atop the Eiffel Tower, float down London’s iconic Thames or take in Berlin’s historic East Side Gallery. To the south, the glittering Mediterranean beckons with charming whitewashed Greek Island villages, the glitz and glamour of the French Riviera and the discovery of ancient Roman civilizations. Voyaging north, nature lovers can indulge in Norway’s breathtaking fjords, experience the charm of the Baltics and behold the architectural jewels of Russia and the East.
Encompassing an eclectic smorgasbord of culture, fascinating history, breathtaking landscapes and a variety of continental climates, Europe promises a unique, culturally-immersive cruise experience. Take an iconic transatlantic voyage across the Atlantic Ocean from Miami or New York to Southampton (London) or embark on a Europe cruise from Rome, Amsterdam, Paris or Barcelona on board MSC Cruises, Viking Ocean Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line and more.
The Mediterranean city of Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and Spain’s second largest city. The sprawling metropolis is renowned for its captivating architecture, charming gothic quarters and the spectacular Sagrada Familia, a Roman Catholic Church masterminded by the great Antoni Gaudi, which has been under construction for more than a century. The cosmopolitan paradise is famous for its picturesque Barceloneta Riviera and the stunning marina.Highlights of Barcelona
- Stroll down the leafy Las Ramblas, intermittently sampling tapas, sipping sangria and marveling at the street artists
- Marvel at the medieval Barrio Gotic, Barcelona’s oldest and most charming neighborhood
- Admire the mosaic art and dreamlike architectural creations at the curious Park Guelle, one of Antoni Gaudi’s most significant works
Civitavecchia, itself a charming port city, is for cruise passengers the gateway to Rome. Founded in 753 BC, Rome is a historical and cultural powerhouse renowned for grand piazzas adorned with exquisite fountains, majestic cathedrals draped in dazzling Renaissance frescoes and an astonishing archaeological and cultural heritage.Highlights of Rome
- Try your luck by tossing a coin over your left shoulder into the iconic 17th century Fontana di Trevi, the largest Baroque fountain in Rome
- Step back in time as you wander the haunting ruins of the Roman Forum, the epicenter of ancient Rome
- Visit the Vatican City and discover world’s smallest city-state, home of the magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, famous for Michelangelo’s ceiling
Marseille is a bustling port city located on France’s Provencal Mediterranean coast. France’s second largest city is renowned for its dynamic multiculturalism and rich maritime history, with a wealth of historic landmarks, ancient cathedrals, edgy art museums and cultural scene to discover. The jewel of Marseille is the vibrant Vieux-Port, the city’s old town and harbor, which is adorned with lively bars, charming brasseries, and cute cafes.Highlights of Marseille
- Explore the elegant 17th century Centre de la Vieille Charite, gorgeous neoclassical charity shelter built by local sculptor Pierre Puget
- Take a boat to the former island fortress-prison Chateau d’If, which has a claim to fame as the setting of Alexander Duma’s, The Count of Monte Cristo
- Take advantage of Marseille’s Mediterranean weather and discover the city’s historic landmarks and picturesque beaches with a hop-on-hop-off bus tour
Copenhagen is situated on Denmark’s southern coast, straddling the Baltic Sea. The bustling Nordic metropolis has been named the happiest city in the world, luring visitors year-round with its intriguing history, charming Scandinavian culture, colorful architecture and quirky arts and design scene. The city is renowned for its magical Tivoli Gardens, a fairytale-like amusement park and national treasure, which has been captivating creatives like Walt Disney since 1843.Highlights of Copenhagen
- Follow in the footsteps of Hans Christian Andersen and explore the colorful Nyhavn canal
- Explore Christiania, a fascinating anti-capitalist self-governing commune filled with DIY homes, collective businesses, flea markets, beer gardens and music venues
- Stroll down Stroget, Copenhagen’s 7-mile long shopping street, and marvel at the Danish flair for creativity and design
Piraeus (Athens) is situated in southeastern Greece and is the Mediterranean’s most significant industrial and leisure port. Athens was first inhabited in the 5th century BC and boasts an incredible wealth of ancient landmarks, historic sites, spectacular architecture and grungy street culture.Highlights of Athens
- Marvel at the incredible Acropolis, arguably the most important ancient site in the West
- Catch a theatre or festival at the Herod Atticus Odean, an ancient outdoor auditorium built between 160-174 BC
- Wander the twisting, bougainvillea-lined alleys in the charming Plaka district, situated directly beneath the Acropolis
Venice, the Floating City, is situated in Italy’s northeast over the Adriatic Sea. The lagoon city comprises of 118 islands and hundreds of canals, making it one of the most fascinating in the world. Narrow, twisted alleys, historic monuments, marble palaces, charming architecture, hidden squares and the city’s iconic gondolas characterize the unique atmosphere of this extraordinary city. A mild, Mediterranean climate makes Venice a fantastic cruise destination year-round.Highlights of Venice
- Take a cruise tour through Venice’s canals for ultimate view of the city
- Marvel at the spectacular mosaic art at the handsome San Marco Basilica
- Experience the epitome of elegant Al Fresco dining at a restaurant on the Grand Canal
Europe CruisesBeautiful ports, sea breezes, breath-taking architecture filled with storied history, chatty people and delicious European food – French cheese, Italian pizza, German sausages... One can hardly make a short summary about Europe. Must-visits include British Isles, Scandinavia, France and Spain. Don’t let your sense of adventure fail you by missing out on Portugal, Italy, Greece, or the rivers of Danube and Rhine. For a more exotic European adventure, be sure to cruise to St. Petersburg and Reykjavik. With so much to see and visit, cruise lines usually separate their European itineraries by regions. Europe is filled with jaw-dropping views and spine-tingling views. Cruising to Europe is such an adventure!
British IslesA cruise to the British Isles allows voyagers to explore an enchanted past while also delivering a modern experience in cities such as London, Dublin, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. Given the variety of architecture, landscapes and historical reference points on the British Isles, it is no exaggeration to state that nearly anyone could find something to enjoy. Take in the views of the beautiful Irish and Scottish countryside as you cruise from port to port.
Western EuropeEven during a short cruise to Western Europe, it is possible to experience several different countries, thanks to the compact geography of the region. Some of the most visited cities in the world reside in Western Europe, such as Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and more. Cruising is one of the best ways to discover France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, with its stunning sights and sounds shore excursions are a perfect way to discover the best of Western Europe.
Northern European CruisesCruise to Northern Europe and experience endless Arctic summer days or the eerily sunless polar nights. These extremes create an entrancing cultural and historical experience. Sail past thousands of runestones, medieval castles, authentic Viking coastal villages and spectacular highland views. A Baltic sea cruise brings you to Scandinavia and St. Petersburg, which allows you to visit the Hermitage and the Winter Palace. Book Now All our European cruises can be specifically tailored to your needs. If you require flights to and from Europe or travel insurance while in Europe, then call our cruise experts who are waiting to help. For more great options on cruises, have a look into our cruise and flight packages. All cruises are available through our cruise experts.
- Very Poor