This Cruise/CruiseTour Ticket Contract (the "Ticket Contract")describes the terms and conditions that will apply to the relationship between the Passenger (as defined in Section 2.f below) and the Carrier (as defined in Section 2.b below) for the Vessel with respect to the Cruise or CruiseTour covered by this Agreement. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, this Agreement supersedes any other written or oral representations or agreements relating to the subject matter of this Agreement or the Cruise or the CruiseTour but excluding the terms of the Cruise LinesInternational Association (“CLIA”)Passenger Bill of Rights that the Vessel’s Operator has adopted as a requirement of being a member of CLIA. In the event of a direct conflict between a provision of this Ticket Contract and a provision of the CLIA Passenger Bill of Rights in effect at the time of booking (the “CLIA Passenger Bill of Rights”), the CLIA Passenger Bill of Rights controls.
Purchase or use of this Ticket Contract, whether or not signed by the Passenger, shall constitute the agreement by Passenger, on behalf of himself and all other persons traveling under this Ticket Contract (including any accompanying minors or other persons for whom the Ticket Contract was purchased), to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Ticket Contract. This Ticket Contract cannot be modified except in a writing signed by a corporate officer of Operator. In addition, Guest acknowledges the availability of and Guest agrees to abide by the terms and conditions, including but not limited to certain payment terms such as minimum deposit requirements and payment due dates, which appear in the applicable Carrier brochure or online here. In the event of any conflict between such other brochure or website materials and this Ticket Contract, the terms of this Ticket Contract shall prevail.
- "Agreement" or "Contract" means the terms and conditions set forth in this Ticket Contract together with the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare due for Your Cruise or CruiseTour. Together, the items described in the preceding sentence shall constitute an agreement between Passenger and Operator for the Cruise or CruiseTour.
- "Carrier" shall include: (i) the Vessel, or any substituted ship; (ii) the Vessel's Operator; and (iii) with respect to the Land Tour portion of any CruiseTour, the operator of that Land Tour("LTO") together with the owners, managers, charterers, affiliates, successors and assigns of the entities identified in subsections (i), (ii) and (iii) of this sentence. Carrier also shall include the officers, directors, employees, agents, crew or pilots of the entities identified in the preceding sentence.The exclusions or limitations of liability of Carrier set forth in the provisions of this Ticket Contract, as well as all rights, defenses or immunities set forth herein, shall also apply to and be for the benefit of agents, independent contractors, concessionaires and suppliers of Carrier, as well as owners and operators of all shoreside properties at which the Vessel or the Transport may call, as well as owners, designers, installers, suppliers and manufacturers of the Vessel or Transport, or any component parts of either, together with the employees and servants of each of the foregoing, and/or any launches, craft or facilities of any kind belonging to or provided by any of the entities identified in this paragraph.
- “Cruise” means the specific cruise covered by this document, as the same may be modified and shall include those periods during which the Guest is embarking or disembarking the Vessel and those periods when the Guest is on land while the Vessel is in port.
- "Cruise Fare”or “CruiseTour Fare" includes the amount due for the Cruise or Cruise Tour, whether such amounts are owing and/or have been paid by the Passenger, but does not include amounts due for other products or services such as air transportation, photographs, gratuities, telephone calls, or medical services which can be purchased separately, nor does it include government or quasi-¬‐ governmental taxes and fees, whether assessed on a per passenger, per vessel, per berth or per ton basis, nor any fuel surcharges, security surcharges or similar assessments made by airlines, trains, buses, hotels or other third parties which are subject to change and are due and payable by Passenger upon request. For CruiseTours that include airtravel, airfare is included in the CruiseTour Fare.
- "CruiseTour" shall mean the combined vacation package officially published and offered by Carrier, which includes the applicable cruise and associated Land Tour.
- "Operator" means the entity identified in Section 18 below.
- "Passenger" or "Guest"or "Your" means all persons traveling under this Ticket Contract and persons in their care, together with their respective heirs and representatives. "Passenger" shall include the plural and the use of the masculine shall include the feminine.
- "Land Tour" shall mean the land tour component of a Cru
iseTour to be provided either prior to the initial embarkation on the cruise or after the final debarkation from the cruise.
- "Transport" means the railcars, buses and other modes of transportation or accommodation provided by a LTOin connection with a Land Tour.
- "Vessel" means the ship owned or chartered or operated by Operator on which Passenger may be traveling or against which Passenger may assert a claim, as well as any substituted ship used in the performance of this Ticket Contract.
- BAGGAGE, PROPERTY AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- Baggage Limits and Prohibited Items. Each adult Passenger is permitted to carry onboard the Vessel or check-¬‐ in only the wearing apparel and personal effects reasonably necessary for the cruise, including suitcases, trunks, valises, satchels, bags, hangers containing clothing, toiletries and similar items. In no event shall any Passenger bring on board the Vessel or check-¬‐ in, or in connection with the Land Tour, any illegal controlled substances, fireworks, live animals (except under the terms of Section 12.d below), weapons, firearms, explosives or other hazardous materials, or any other items prohibited by applicable law or Carrier policy. Carrier reserves the right to refuse to permit any Passenger to take on board the Vessel or on any mode of Transport any item Carrier deems inappropriate.
- Liability for Loss of or Damage to Baggage. Unless negligent, Carrier is neither responsible nor liable for any loss of or damage to Passenger's property, whether contained in luggage or otherwise. Liability for loss of or damage to Passenger's property in connection with any air or ground transportation shall be the sole responsibility of the provider of the service and in accordance with applicable limitations.
- Limitation of Liability for Lost or Damaged Property. Notwithstanding any other provision of law or this Agreement, Carrier's liability for loss or damage to property during the Land Tour portion of a CruiseTour is limited to $300.00 per Passenger. Notwithstanding any other provision of law or this Agreement, Carrier's liability for loss or damage to property for the cruise (or for the cruise only portion of a CruiseTour)is limited to $300.00 per Passenger, unless Passenger declares the true value of such property in writing to the address specified in Section 10.a below and pays Carrier within 10 days of final payment for the cruise, a fee of five percent (5%) of the amount that such value exceeds $300.00. In such event, Carrier's liability shall be limited to its true declared value, but not exceeding $5,000.
- Limited Carriage. Carrier does not undertake to carry as baggage any tools of trade, household goods(including but not limited to appliances and furniture)fragile or valuable items, precious metals, jewelry, documents, negotiable instruments or other valuables, including but not limited to those specified in Title 46 of the United States Code, Appendix Section 181. Each Passenger warrants that no such item will be presented to Carrier within any receptacle or container as baggage, and hereby releases Carrier from any liability whatsoever for loss of or damage to such items when presented to Carrier in breach of this warranty.In no event shall Carrier be liable for normal wear or tear of luggage or property, or loss of or damage to jewelry, cash, negotiable paper, photographic/electronic, medical or recreational equipment, dental hardware, eyewear, medications or other valuables unless they are deposited with Carrier on the Vessel for safekeeping against receipt (LTOsdonot accept valuables for deposit). Carrier's liability, if any, for loss of or damage to valuables so deposited shall not exceed the amounts indicated in Section 3.c above.
- MEDICAL CARE AND OTHER PERSONAL SERVICES:
- Availability of Medical Care. Due to the nature of travel by sea and the ports visited, the availability of medical care onboard the Vessel and in ports ofcall may be limited or delayed and medical evacuation may not be possible from the Vessel while at sea or from every location to which the Vessel sails.
- Relationship with Service Providers. To the extent Passengers retain the services of medical personnel or independent contractors on or off the Vessel, Passengers do so at their sole risk. Any medical personnel attending to a Passenger on or off the Vessel, if arranged by Carrier, are provided solely for the convenience of the Passenger, work directly for the Passenger, and shall not be deemed to be acting under the control or supervision of the Carrier, as Carrier is not a medical provider. Likewise, any onboard concessions (including but not limited to the gift shops, spas, beauty salon, art program, photography, formalwear concessions) are either operated by or are independent contractors on board the Vessel, on Transport or elsewhere and are provided solely for the convenience of Passenger. Even though the Carrier shall be entitled to charge a fee and earn a profit for arranging such services, all such persons or entities shall be deemed independent contractors and not acting as agents or representatives of Carrier. Carrier assumes no liability whatsoever for any treatment, failure to treat, diagnosis, misdiagnosis, actual or alleged malpractice, advice, examination or other services provided by such persons or entities. Guest acknowledges that the Vessel's hair dresser, manicurist, art auctioneer, gift shop personnel,spa personnel, wedding planners and other providers of merchandise and personal services are employees of independent contractors and that Carrier is not responsible for their actions.
- Payment for Medical or Personal Care Services. Passenger shall pay for all medical care or other personal services requested or required, whether onboard or ashore, including the cost of any emergency medical care or transportation incurred by Carrier and any costs associated with the provision of medical services as provided in the CLIA Passenger Bill of Rights.If Passenger is unable to pay and the Carrier pays for such expenses, then Passenger shall reimburse Carrier for those expenses.
- SHORE EXCURSIONS, TOURS, FACILITIES OR OTHER TRANSPORTATION:
All arrangements made for or by Passenger for transportation (other than on the Vessel) before, during or after the Cruise or CruiseTour of any kind whatsoever, as well as air arrangements, shore excursions, tours, hotels, restaurants, attractions and other similar activities or services, including all related conveyances, products or facilities, are made solely for Passenger's convenience and are at Passenger's risk. The providers, owners and operators of such services, conveyances, products and facilities are independent contractors and are not acting as agents or representatives of Carrier. Even though Carrier may collect a fee for, or otherwise profit from, making such arrangements and offers for sale shore excursions, tours, hotels, restaurants, attractions, the Land Tour and other similar activities or services taking place off the Vessel for a profit, it does not undertake to supervise or control such independent contractors or their employees, nor maintain their conveyances or facilities, and makes no representation, whether express or implied, regarding their suitability or safety. In no event shall Carrier be liable for any loss, delay, disappointment, damage, injury, death or other harm whatsoever to Passenger which occurs on or off the Vessel or the Transport as a result of any acts, omissions or negligence of any independent contractors.
- CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:
- Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund,by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.
- In connection with a CruiseTour, Carrier has the same right to cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled activity, departure or destination, or substitute another railcar, bus, destination or lodging or other component of the CruiseTour. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim by Passenger whatsoever, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.
- By way of example, and not limitation, Carrier may, without liability(except as provided in Section 6(e) with respect to mechanical failures only),deviate from any scheduled sailing and may otherwise land Passenger and her property at any port if Carrier believes that the voyage or any Passenger or property may be hindered or adversely affected as a result of hostilities, blockages, prevailing weather conditions, labor conflicts, strikes onboard or ashore, breakdown of Vessel, congestion, docking difficulties, medical or life saving emergencies or any other cause whatsoever.
- Carrier shall have the right to comply with any orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any governmental entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement entitling the Passenger to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.
- In the event that a Cruise (or the cruise component of a CruiseTour) is canceled or terminated early due to mechanical failures:
- Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise is canceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;
- Carrier may cover or reimburse Passenger for additional costs (e.g. airline change fees) as deemed appropriate by the Carrier.
- If the passenger has travelled to the Vessel Passenger shall have a right to transportation (by means selected by the Carrierto the Vessel’s scheduled port of disembarkation or the Passenger’shome city;and
- Passenger shall have a right to lodging(selected by the Cruise Line)if disembarkation and an overnight stay in an unscheduled port are required due to the Cruise or cruise component of a CruiseTour being cancelled or terminated early because of such mechanical failures.
- CANCELLATION OR EARLY DISEMBARKATION BY PASSENGER
Cancellation of Cruise or CruiseTour.Cruises that are cancelled prior to the sail date, and CruiseTours that are cancelled prior to the first day of the CruiseTour, maybe subject to a cancellation charge. The amount of the cancellation charge shall be determined as shown in the table belowand shall vary depending on how far in advance of the sail date (or first day of the CruiseTour) the Operator receives notice of cancellation. The table applies to Holiday Sailingsas well.)
For Voyages Beginning On or Before December 31, 2016
|IF THE OPERATOR RECEIVES NOTICE OF CANCELLATION||THEN, THE CANCELLATION CHARGE (per person)SHALL BE|
|121 days or more(prior to the start of the Cruise/CruiseTour)||$25.00 per person|
|120 to 91 days||15% of total price|
|90 to 61 days||50% of total price|
|60 to 31 days||75% of total price|
|30 days or less||100% of total price|
For Voyages Beginning On or After January 1, 2017
|IF THE OPERATOR RECEIVES NOTICE OF CANCELLATION||THEN, THE CANCELLATION CHARGE (per person)SHALL BE|
|121 days or more(prior to the start of the Cruise/CruiseTour)||$50.00 per person|
|120 to 91 days||25% of total price|
|90 to 61 days||50% of total price|
|60 to 31 days||75% of total price|
|30 days or less||100% of total price|
In the event of a cancellation of a Cruise or CruiseTour, any applicable Taxes/Fees or Fuel Supplement charges shall be refunded. For bookings made outside of the United States and Canada, a different cancellation policy may apply. Contact your local office or travel agency for details.
Cancellation notices are effective when received by the Operator.
For Passengers who have booked a CruiseTour and desire to cancel their tour portion while retaining the Cruise, refunds of the CruiseTour Fare (including any applicable supplement charges) shall be made in accordance with the following cancellation policy. Guests who convert their CruiseToursto a cruise only booking within forty-two (42)days of the start date of the tour segment of the CruiseTourwill be subject to a cancellation charge.The amount of that charge varies depending onthe location of the CruiseTourand/or its length.
The cancellation charge policies set forth above vary for single occupancy or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups. Consult your travel agency or call Royal Caribbean for further details.
Cancellation by the Passenger after the Cruise or CruiseTour has begun, early disembarkation of the Passenger for any reason, including pursuant to any provision of this Ticket Contract, or “no--‐ shows” shall be without refund, compensation, or liability on the part of the Carrier whatsoever.
If Carrier received payment via credit card, the refund will be made to that credit card. If Carrier received payment from your travel agent, the refund will be provided back to that travel agent.
Carrier reserves the right to offer promotional cruise fares or other offers that may modify the cancellation policies set forth above.
For cancellations of air flights, hotel stays, transfer services, shore excursions, pre--‐ purchased amenities, Cruise Care, pre-booked services (such as spa, photography or wedding services) and pre-booked arrangements such as specialty dining, see the applicable terms and conditions for any applicable cancellation charges.
- PASSENGER'S OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH AGREEMENT, APPLICABLE LAWS, AND RULES OF CARRIER; QUARANTINE; INDEMNIFICATION:
- Compliance Obligation Generally. Passenger shall at all times comply with the provisions of this Agreement, all applicable laws, and rules, policies and regulations of the Carrier, the Vessel and the Transport (as the same may be changed from time to time with or without notice). Passenger agrees not to enter any areas of the vessel designated for crew only, including crew quarters, under any circumstances whatsoever. Passenger further agrees that Carrier may prohibit or restrict Passenger from bringing any alcoholic beverages for consumption onboard the Vesseland agrees to comply with any Carrier policy covering such matters. Nothing in this Agreement shall grant to Passenger any right to market, advertise, promote, provide or sell products or services to other guests onboard the Cruise or CruiseTour and Passenger shall be prohibited from doing so.
- Passengers are solely responsible to maintain in their possession all passports, visas and other travel documents required for embarkation, travel and disembarkation at all ports of call. Passengers assume full responsibility to determine through their travel agent or the appropriate government authority the necessary documents. Passenger agrees to provide to Carrier (at Carrier's reasonable request) any travel documents. Carrier shall return such travel documents to Passenger by no later than the end of the Cruise.
- Passenger understands and agrees that Carrier has a zero tolerance policy for illegal activity and shall report such activity to the appropriate authorities.
- Each adult Passenger undertakes and agrees to supervise at all times any accompanying minors to ensure compliance with the provisions of this Section 8.
- Carrier may also change accommodations, alter or cancel any activities of, deny service of alcohol to, confine to a stateroom or quarantine, search the stateroom, property or baggage of any Passenger, change a Passenger's Land Tour, disembark or refuse to embark the Passenger and/or any Passenger responsible for any minor Passenger, or restrain any Passenger at any time, without liability, at the risk and expense of the Passenger, when in the sole opinion of Carrier or Captain the Passenger's conduct or presence, or that of any minor for whom the Passenger is responsible, is believed to present a possible danger, security risk or be detrimental to himself or the health, welfare, comfort or enjoyment of others, or is in violation of any provision of this Agreement.
- Passenger, or if a minor, his parent or guardian, shall be liable for and indemnify Carrier, the Vessel and the Transport from any civil liability, fines, penalties, costs or expenses incurred by or imposed on the Vessel, the Transport or Carrier arising from or related to Passenger's conduct or failure to comply with any provisions of this Section 8, including but not limited to: (i) any purchases by or credit extended to the Passenger; (ii) requirements relating to immigration, customs or excise; or (iii) any personal injury, death or damage to persons or property caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by any willful or negligent act or omission on the part of the Passenger.
- Carrier shall not be required to refund any portion of the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare paid by any Passenger who fails for any reason to be onboard the Vessel or Transport by the embarkation cut-ff time applicable to the specific Cruise or CruiseTour or the boarding cut-off time applicable at any port of call or destination or point of departure as the case may be, and shall not be responsible for lodging, meals, transportation or other expenses incurred by Passenger as a result thereof. Embarkation cut-off times for cruises are available here. Boarding cut-off times for any port of call or destination or point of departure are as announced on the applicable Cruise or Cruise Tour. Carrier shall have no obligation to any Passenger to deviate from any scheduled sailing or port of call or destination.
- Passenger acknowledges that for certain voyages, such as a round-rip voyage commencing in a United States port, the Passenger must complete the entire voyage and that failure to do so may result in a fine or other penalty being assessed by one or more governmental agencies.Passenger hereby agrees to pay any such fine or penalty imposed because Passenger failed to complete the entire voyage and to reimburse Carrier in the event it pays such fine or penalty.
- Carrier may refuse to transport any Passenger, and may remove any Passenger from the Vessel or Transport at any time, for anyof the following reasons: (i) whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulations, directives or instructions; (ii) when a Passenger refuses to permit search of his person or property for explosives, weapons, dangerous materials or other stolen, illegal or prohibited items; (iii) when a Passenger refusesupon request to produce positive identification; or (iv) for failure to comply with Carrier's rules and procedures, including, for example, Carrier's Guest Conduct Policy or Carrier's policies against fraternization with crew; or (v) Guest's passage is denied by Carrier pursuant to its Refusal to Transport policy. Carrier'sGuest Conduct Policy and Refusal to Transport policy are available online here.
- In the interests of safety and security, Passengers and their baggage are subject to inspection or monitoring electronically with or without the Passenger's consent or knowledge.
- If Carrier exercises its rights under this Section 8, Passenger shall have no claim against Carrier whatsoever and Carrier shall have no liability for refund, compensation loss or damages of Passenger, including but not limited to any expenses incurred by Passenger for accommodations or repatriation.
- FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE FOR ALL LAWSUITS; CLASS ACTION WAIVER:
- EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 10 (b) WITH REGARD TO CLAIMS OTHER THAN FOR PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH OF A PASSENGER , IT IS AGREED BY AND BETWEEN PASSENGER AND CARRIER THAT ALL DISPUTES AND MATTERS WHATSOEVER ARISING UNDER, IN CONNECTION WITH OR INCIDENT TO THIS AGREEMENT, PASSENGER'S CRUISE, CRUISETOUR, LAND TOUR OR TRANSPORT, SHALL BE LITIGATED, IF AT ALL, IN AND BEFORE THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA LOCATED IN MIAMI-¬‐ DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA, U.S.A., (OR AS TO THOSE LAWSUITS TO WHICH THE FEDERAL COURTS OF THE UNITED STATES LACK SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION, BEFORE A COURT LOCATED IN MIAMI-¬‐ DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA, U.S.A.) TO THE EXCLUSION OF THE COURTS OF ANY OTHER STATE, TERRITORY OR COUNTRY. PASSENGER HEREBY CONSENTS TO JURISDICTION AND WAIVES ANY VENUE OR OTHER OBJECTION THAT HE MAY HAVE TO ANY SUCH ACTION OR PROCEEDING BEING BROUGHT IN THE APPLICABLE COURT LOCATED IN MIAMI-¬‐ DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA.
- CLASS ACTION RELIEF WAIVER. PASSENGER HEREBY AGREES THAT EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE LAST SENTENCE OF THIS PARAGRAPH, PASSENGER MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST CARRIER ONLY IN PASSENGER'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY. EVEN IF THE APPLICABLE LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE, PASSENGER AGREES THAT ANY ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT AGAINST CARRIER, VESSEL OR TRANSPORT WHATSOEVER SHALL BE LITIGATED BY PASSENGER INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OR AS PART OF A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND PASSENGER EXPRESSLY AGREES TO WAIVE ANY LAW ENTITLING PASSENGERTO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. IF YOUR CLAIM IS SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 10 BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT THIS SECTION SHALL NOT BE SEVERABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FROM THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE SET FORTH IN SECTION 10.b BELOW, AND IF FOR ANY REASON THIS CLASS ACTION WAIVER IS UNENFORCEABLE AS TO ANY PARTICULAR CLAIM, THEN AND ONLY THEN SUCH CLAIM SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION.
- NOTICE OF CLAIMS AND COMMENCEMENT OF SUIT OR ARBITRATION; SECURITY:
- TIME LIMITS FOR PERSONAL INJURY/ILLNESS/DEATH CLAIMS: NO SUIT SHALL BE MAINTAINABLE AGAINST CARRIER, THE VESSEL OR THE TRANSPORT FOR PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH OF ANY PASSENGER UNLESS WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE CLAIM, WITH FULL PARTICULARS, SHALL BE DELIVERED TO CARRIER AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS, C/O ROYAL CARIBBEANCRUISES LTD., 1050 CARIBBEAN WAY, MIAMI, FL 33132, WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF THE INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH AND SUIT IS COMMENCED (FILED) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF SUCH INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH AND PROCESS SERVED WITHIN 120 DAYS AFTER FILING, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION OF LAW OF ANY STATE OR COUNTRY TO THE CONTRARY
- ARBITRATION OF ALL OTHER CLAIMS: ANY AND ALL OTHER DISPUTES, CLAIMS, OR CONTROVERSIES WHATSOEVER, EXCEPT FOR PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS OR DEATH OF A PASSENGER WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, CONSTITUTIONAL OR OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALLEGED VIOLATION OF CIVIL RIGHTS, DISCRIMINATION,CONSUMER OR PRIVACY LAWS, OR FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES, RELATING TO OR IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTRACT OR PASSENGER'S CRUISE, NO MATTER HOW DESCRIBED, PLEADED OR STYLED, SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE RECOGNITION AND ENFORCEMENT OF FOREIGN ARBITRAL AWARDS (NEW YORK 1958), 21 U.S.T. 2517, 330 U.N.T.S. 3, 1970 U.S.T. LEXIS 115, 9 U.S.C. §§ 202-¬‐ 208 ('THE CONVENTION”) AND THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1, ET SEQ., (“FAA”) SOLELY IN MIAMI, FLORIDA, U.S.A. TO THE EXCLUSION OF ANY OTHER FORUM. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE ADMINISTERED BY NATIONAL ARBITRATION ANDMEDIATION (“NAM”) UNDER ITS COMPREHENSIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION RULES AND PROCEDURES AND NAM’S FEE SCHEDULE IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF THE PROCEDURE, EACH OF WHICH ARE DEEMED TO BE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE ARBITRATION ADMINISTRATORS MENTIONED ABOVE MAY BE DIRECTED TO THEM AS FOLLOWS: NATIONAL ARBITRATIONAND MEDIATION, INC., 990 STEWART AVE, 1ST FL., GARDEN CITY, NY 11530, PHONE:(800) 358-¬‐ 2550 EXT. 128.. NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL NOR TO ENGAGE IN PRE-¬‐ ARBITRATION DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE APPLICABLE ARBITRATION RULES AND HEREIN, OR OTHERWISE TO LITIGATE THE CLAIM IN ANY COURT. THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. OTHER RIGHTS THAT PASSENGER OR CARRIER WOULD HAVE INCOURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. AN AWARD RENDERED BY AN ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION UNDER THE CONVENTION OR FAA. PASSENGER AND CARRIER FURTHER AGREE TO PERMIT THE TAKING OF A DEPOSITION UNDER OATH OF THE PASSENGER ASSERTING THE CLAIM, OR FOR WHOSE BENEFIT THE CLAIM IS ASSERTED, IN ANY SUCH ARBITRATION. THE ARBITRATOR AND NOT ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL COURT OR AGENCY, SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE AUTHORITY TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE RELATING TO THE INTERPRETATION, APPLICABILITY, ENFORCEABILITY OR FORMATION OF THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIM THAT ALL OR ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT IS VOID OR VOIDABLE. IN THE EVENT THIS PROVISION IS DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE BY AN ARBITRATOR OR COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION FOR ANY REASON, THEN AND ONLY THEN THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 9 ABOVE GOVERNING VENUE AND JURISDICTION SHALL EXCLUSIVELY APPLY TO ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING CLAIMS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION 10(b).
- TIME LIMITS FOR NON-INJURY/ILLNESS OR DEATH CLAIMS: NO PROCEEDING DESCRIBED IN SECTION 10(b) MAY BE BROUGHT AGAINST CARRIER, VESSEL OR TRANSPORT UNLESS WRITTEN NOTICE OF THE CLAIM, WITH FULL PARTICULARS, SHALL BE DELIVERED TO CARRIER AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS, C/O ROYAL CARIBBEANCRUISES LTD., 1050 CARIBBEAN WAY, MIAMI, FL 33132, WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER TERMINATION OF THE CRUISE OR CRUISETOUR (WHICHEVER IS LATER) TO WHICH THIS TICKET CONTRACT RELATES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY SUCH PROCEEDING DESCRIBED IN SECTION 10(b) BE MAINTAINABLE UNLESS SUCH PROCEEDING SHALL BE COMMENCED (FILED) WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS AFTER THE TERMINATION OF THE CRUISE OR CRUISETOUR (WHICHEVER IS LATER) TO WHICH THIS TICKET CONTRACT RELATES AND VALID NOTICE OR SERVICE OF SUCH PROCEEDING IS EFFECTED WITHIN SIXTY (60) DAYS AFTER FILING, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION OF LAW OF ANY STATEOR COUNTRY TO THE CONTRARY.
- IN THE EVENT OF AN IN REM PROCEEDING AGAINST THE VESSEL, PASSENGER HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AGREES THAT THE POSTING OF A LETTER OF UNDERTAKING FROM ANY OF CARRIER'S INSURERS SHALL CONSTITUTE AN ADEQUATE AND APPROPRIATE FORM OF SECURITY FOR THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF THE VESSEL IN LIEU OF ARREST.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN ARTICLE 6 (e), CARRIER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INJURY, DEATH, ILLNESS, DAMAGE, DELAY OR OTHER LOSS TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM BY ANY PASSENGER CAUSED BY ACT OF GOD, WAR, TERRORISM, CIVIL COMMOTION, LABOR TROUBLE, GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE, PERILS OF THE SEA, FIRE, THEFTS OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND CARRIER'S REASONABLE CONTROL, OR ANY ACT NOT SHOWN TO BE CAUSED BY CARRIER'S NEGLIGENCE.
- PASSENGER AGREES TO SOLELY ASSUME THE RISK OF INJURY, DEATH, ILLNESS OR OTHER LOSS, AND CARRIER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PASSENGER'S USE OF ANY ATHLETIC OR RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT; OR FOR THE NEGLIGENCE OR WRONGDOING OF ANY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHOTOGRAPHERS, SPA PERSONNEL OR ENTERTAINERS; OR FOR EVENTS TAKING PLACE OFF THE CARRIER'S VESSELS, LAUNCHES OR TRANSPORTS, OR AS PART OF ANY SHORE EXCURSION, TOUR OR ACTIVITY.
- CARRIER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY TO THE PASSENGER FOR DAMAGES FOR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, MENTAL SUFFERING OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY OF ANY KIND UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WHEN SUCH DAMAGES WERE NEITHER THE RESULT OF A PHYSICAL INJURY TO THE PASSENGER, NOR THE RESULT OF PASSENGER HAVING BEEN AT ACTUAL RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY, NOR WERE INTENTIONALLY INFLICTED BY THE CARRIER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, IN NO EVENT WILL CARRIER BE LIABLE TO PASSENGER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- ON CRUISES WHICH DO NOT EMBARK, DISEMBARK OR CALL AT ANY UNITED STATES PORT AND DO NOT EMBARK OR DISEMBARK AT ANY EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATE PORT, CARRIER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO ANY AND ALL LIABILITY LIMITATIONS, IMMUNITIES AND RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO IT UNDER THE “ATHENS CONVENTION RELATING TO THE CARRIAGE OF PASSENGERS AND THEIR LUGGAGE BY SEA” OF 1974, AS WELL AS THE “PROTOCOL TO THE ATHENS CONVENTION RELATING TO THE CARRIAGE OF PASSENGERS AND THEIR LUGGAGE BY SEA” OF 1976 (“ATHENS CONVENTION”). THE ATHENS CONVENTION LIMITS THE CARRIER'S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO A PASSENGER TO NO MORE THAN 46,666 SPECIAL DRAWING RIGHTS AS DEFINED THEREIN (APPROXIMATELY U.S. $64,500AS OF FEBRUARY 26,2015, WHICH AMOUNT FLUCTUATES, DEPENDING ON DAILY EXCHANGE RATE AS PRINTED IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL). IN ADDITION, AND ON ALL OTHER CRUISES, ALL THE EXEMPTIONS FROM AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY PROVIDED IN OR AUTHORIZED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES (INCLUDING TITLE 46, UNITED STATES CODE SECTIONS 30501 THROUGH 30509 AND 30511) WILL APPLY.
- ON CRUISES WHICH ARE BOOKED BY A PASSENGER IN A EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATE, OR WHICH EMBARK OR DISEMBARK IN A PORT LOCATED IN A EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATE, THE CARRIER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO THE BENEFIT OF ANY AND ALL RESTRICTIONS, EXEMPTIONS, IMMUNITIES, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH INEUROPEAN UNION REGULATION 392/2009 ON THE LIABILITY OF CARRIERS TO PASSENGERS IN THE EVENT OF ACCIDENTS (“EU 392/2009”). EU 392/2009 LIMITS CARRIER’S LIABILITY AS FOLLOWS:
- FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OF A PASSENGER CAUSED BY A “SHIPPING INCIDENT”, CARRIER’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO 250,000 SDR (AS OF FEBRUARY 26, 2016 APPROXIMATELY US $345,000)IF THE SHIPPING INCIDENT OCCURRED WITHOUT CARRIER’S FAULT OR NEGLECT; OTHERWISE CARRIER’S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OF A PASSENGER CAUSED BY A SHIPPING INCIDENT IS LIMITED TO 400,000 SDR (AS OF FEBRUARY 26, 2016 APPROXIMATELY US $553,000. )
- FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OF A PASSENGER CAUSED BY A NON “SHIPPING INCIDENT”, CARRIER’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO 400,000 SDR (AS OF FEBRUARY 26, 2016 APPROXIMATELY US $553,000), ASSUMING THATTHE PASSENGER PROVES THAT THE INCIDENT WAS THE RESULT OF CARRIER’S FAULT OR NEGLECT;
- FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO A PASSENGER’S CABIN LUGGAGE, THE CARRIER’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO 2250 SDR (AS OF FEBRUARY 26, 2016APPROXIMATELYUS $3,111) PER PASSENGER; AND,
- THE CARRIER’S INSURANCE PROVIDER WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR SUMS IN EXCESS OF 250,000 SDR (AS OF FEBRUARY 26, 2016 APPROXIMATELY US $345,000) ) IN RESPECT OF DEATH AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY. THERE ARE LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THE CARRIER’S INSURANCE PROVIDER IS NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A PAYMENT.
- THE VALUE OF THE SDR FLUCTUATES DEPENDING ON DAILY EXCHANGE RATES AS PRINTEDIN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL.
- THE TERM “SHIPPING INCIDENT” IS DEFINED IN EU392/2009 AS FOLLOWS: “SHIPPING INCIDENT” FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS REGULATION INCLUDE: SHIPWRECK, CAPSIZING, COLLISION OR STRANDING OF THE SHIP, EXPLOSION OR FIRE IN THE SHIP OR DEFECT IN THE SHIPBUT DOES INCLUDING ACTS OF WAR, HOSTILITIES, CIVIL WAR, INSURRECTION, NATURAL DISASTERS OR INTENTIONAL ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES.
- PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED BY EU 392/2009 FOR CRUISES COVERED BY THIS SECTION11.E.
- A copy of EU 392/2009 IS AVAILABLE AT www.eur-lex.europa.edu.
- AS TO ALL OTHER CRUISES NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE IN SECTION 11.D or 11.E, ALL THE RESTRICTIONS, EXEMPTIONS FROM, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY PROVIDED IN, OR AUTHORIZED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES SHALL APPLY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TITLE 46 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE §§ 30501 THROUGH 30509, AND 30511. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH, THIS CONTRACT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GENERAL MARITIME LAW OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
- FITNESS TO TRAVEL; DENIAL OF BOARDING; MINORS:
- Passenger warrants that he and those traveling with him are fit for travel and that such travel will not endanger themselves or others.
- b.Minors - Any Guest under the age of 18 shall be considered a minor and must travel with a parent or Legal Guardian or such other person as may be permitted by Carrier's policies.
- Minimum Age. No Guest under the age of 21 will consume any alcoholic beverages while on board the Vessel or Transport except as may be permitted by Carrier's policy. No Guest under the age of twenty-¬‐ one (21) will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-¬‐ one (21) years of age or older, except for minors sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms, or for under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required)or except as otherwise permitted by Carrier’s policy. Carrier reserves the right to request proof of age at any time and Passenger's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.
- Pregnancy and Infants - Any Passenger who will enter the 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during their cruise or CruiseTour agrees not to book the cruise or board the Vessel or Transport under any circumstances. No infants under a specific age (at least six (6) months for most cruises but twelve (12) months for other cruises) shall be booked on a cruise or CruiseTour, nor brought onboard the Vessel or Transport by any Passenger under any circumstances. The most current minimum age requirements are available online here.
- Special Needs. Any Passenger with mobility, communication or other impairments, or other special or medical needs that may require medical care or special accommodations during the cruise or CruiseTour, including but not limited to the use of any service animal, must notify the Carrier of any such condition at the time of booking. Passenger agrees to accept responsibility and reimburse Carrier for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever related to the presence of any service animal brought on board the Vessel or Transport. Passengers acknowledge and understand that certain international safety requirements, shipbuilding standards, and/or applicable regulations involving design, construction or operation of the Vessel may restrict access to facilities or activities for persons with mobility, communication or other impairments or special needs. Passengers requiring the use of a wheelchair must provide their own wheelchair (that must be of a size and type that can be accommodated on the Vessel) as wheelchairs carried on board are for emergency use only.
- Carrier shall have the right to deny boarding for violations of any of the policies set forth in this Section 12. If Carrier exercises its rights under this Section 12, Passenger shall have no claim against Carrier whatsoever and Carrier shall have no liability for refund, compensation loss or damages of Passenger, including but not limited to any expenses incurred by Passenger for accommodations or repatriation.
- Recreational water facilities. Our recreational water facilities do not have a lifeguard on duty. Children must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times while in the pools, whirlpools and other recreational water feature areas."
- USE OF PHOTOS, VIDEOS OR RECORDINGS:
- Guest hereby grants to Carrier (and its assignees and licensees) the exclusive right throughout the universe and in perpetuity to include photographic, video, audio and other visual or audio portrayals of Passenger taken during or in connection with the Cruise or CruiseTour (including any images, likenesses or voices) in any medium of any nature whatsoever (including the right to edit, combine with other materials or create any type of derivative thereof) for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity, promotional, training or otherwise, without compensation to the Guest. Such grant shall include the unrestricted right to copy, revise, distribute, display and sell photographs, images, films, tapes, drawings or recordings in any type of media (including but not limited to the Internet). Guest hereby agrees that all rights, title and interest therein (including all worldwide copyrights therein) shall be Carrier's sole property, free from any claims by Passenger or any person deriving any rights or interest from Passenger.
- Guest hereby agrees that any recording (whether audio or video or otherwise) or photograph of Guest, other guests, crew or third parties onboard the Vessel or depicting the Vessel, its design, equipment or otherwise shall not be used for any commercial purpose, in any media broadcast or for any other non-private use without the express written consent of Operator. The Operator shall be entitled to take any reasonable measure to enforce this provision.
- YOUR TRAVEL AGENT:
Passenger acknowledges and confirms that any travel agent utilized by Passenger in connection with the issuance of this Ticket Contract is, for all purposes, Passenger's agent and Carrier shall not be liable for any representation made by said travel agent. Passenger shall remain liable at all times to Carrier for the price of passage. Passenger understands and agrees that receipt of this Ticket Contract or any other information or notices by Passenger's travel agent shall be deemed receipt by the Passenger as of the date of receipt by the agent. Passenger acknowledges that Carrier is not responsible for the financial condition or integrity of any travel agent.
Any provision of this Agreement that is determined in any jurisdiction to be unenforceable for any reason shall be deemed severed from this Agreement in that jurisdiction only and all remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- TRANSFERS AND ASSIGNMENTS:
This Ticket Contract may not be assigned, sold or otherwise transferred by the Passenger. Among other things, this means that the Passenger cannot sell or transfer this Ticket Contract to someone else, and Carrier shall not be liable to the Passenger or any other person in possession of a Ticket Contract for honoring or refunding such Ticket Contract when presented by such other person.The Carrier may assign, convey or transfer its rights in this Agreement to any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of the Carrier who is scheduled to operate the Vessel at the time of the Cruise.
- RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER PURCHASES:
To the extent permitted or required by law, this Agreement also covers Carrier's CruiseCare® products, shore excursions, landand hotel packages.
This ticket contract was designed for guests who first receive their passenger ticket contract at pier check-¬‐ in. Depending upon your actual sailing, the operator for a Royal Caribbean International sailing may be one of the following entities:
Azamara Club Cruises, a d/b/a for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.,1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33130
RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Building 2, Aviator Park, Station Road, Addlestone, Surrey, KT152PG England.
- SUPPLEMENT CHARGES:
Operator reserves the right to impose a supplemental charge relating to unanticipated occurrences including, but not limited to, increases in the price of fuel. Any such supplement charges may apply, at Operator's sole discretion, to both existing and new bookings (regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full). Such supplements are not included in the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare.